Insulating your house is a very important job in northern places, and selecting the proper kind of insulating material that fits all of your needs can be challenging. In the past most houses were insulated with Asbestos; the utilization of Asbestos has been suspended in most first world countries worldwide because of the health risks. A lot of things happen to be built utilizing asbestos, because of its many natural and chemical qualities. Asbestos is a number of six naturally occurring silicate materials, comprised of thin fibrous crystals, it is a very strong material resistant to fire and also heat, it has regular tensile strength and in addition it is resistant against chemical damage and doesn’t transmit electrical current, additionally, it works well as a noise buffer, every one of these properties make it the leading prospect for insulation applications and also other items like outdoor furniture, car brakes, etc. The application of Asbestos for insulation become popular in the late 1800s in bloom with the industrial revolution. Only until just a few decades ago, in the late 70’s more research was done over the health effects asbestos have on the body and we realized it’s such a significant threat.
The most common way of being exposed to asbestos is by being surrounded by them and moving them or disturbing them, this way you inhale the air with flowing fibres. The fibres make their way to your lungs and after several months, a long time, decades irritating your throat and lungs gradually causing inflammation and scarring within the bronchioles or throat, which can consequently result in serious respiratory system problems.
Asbestos is a classified carcinogenic in several developed countries since the late 70’s. Research indicates that contact with asbestos can cause cancer of the lung in addition to a somewhat rare cancer in the membranes that line the chest area and abdominal area. Contact with asbestos might additionally add to the risk of an illness called “Asbestosis”, that’s an inflammatory condition affecting the lungs that may cause breathlessness, coughing and long lasting lung damage. These diseases from asbestos particle exposure are very improbable, unless you are continuously subjected to asbestos fibres in the air. It is considered recommended that you remove asbestos away from your home, but get it performed by a professional. A specialist would’ve all the equipment required and is also an expert who wouldn’t endanger his/her own life or those of individuals residing in the house.